Thanks to our partnership with Hills Science Diet, DRHS receives all of our dry dog and cat food absolutely free of charge. But food is only one of the many supplies we need to care for the nearly 5,000 animals that come through our door every year! If you'd like to make a gift to DRHS, please consider one (or more) of the following:
Cash Donations - Tax deductible, and last year $0.87 of every dollar donated went directly to animal care and community outreach programming. Give Now by making your gift online using our secure site.
- Gift Cards- Gift cards to stores where we can purchase supplies are always appreciated! (Sam's Club, Wal-mart, Theisen's, etc.)
• Non-Clumping Clay Kitty Litter - As your can imagine, we go through a lot of it!
• Kitten Nursing Supplies - Bottles, KMR Kitten Milk Replacer (powdered is prefered), heating pads.
• Canned Kitten Food
• Cat and Kitten Toys
• Cat Scratchers
• Cat Trees
• Pill Pockets
• Canned Dog Food- This is great for older dog or dogs that need a higher-calorie diet.
• Puppy Milk Replacer
• Dog Toys - Kongs, Food Dispensing Toys, and Hard Chew Toys are preferred.
• Nail Clippers
• Poop Bags
• Dog Treats
• Pill Pockets
• High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent
• Garbage Bags
• Latex Gloves - Veterinarians and staff use latex gloves to prevent contagious conditions from spreading. Staff changes gloves in between caring for individual animals.
• Blankets (fleece blankets are always great!)
• Note Pads
• Lint Rollers
• Distilled Water