The James Family Prescott YMCA hosts the largest and most extensive fitness center in the area. With thousands of square feet of quality equipment, members ages 14 and up and all fitness levels can enjoy working out.
Our members linger here, learning of new fitness opportunities and classes, making new friends and doing a little social and business networking.
The James Family Prescott YMCA offers a variety of workout options for our Members and Guests.
- Personal Training: Our certified personal trainers are ready to help you reach your goals. You will find information on all of our trainers at the entrance of the Fitness Center.
- Fitness Center: Stationary bikes (upright and recumbent), treadmills, stair climbers, cross trainers, ellipticals, arc trainers, rowing machines, cybex strength circuit and TRX Suspension Training. We also have a large Multi-Purpose area for stretching and functional training. In this area you will find plenty of mats, stability balls, free weights, medicine balls, bands, ViPR and balance training devices.
- Weight Room: Over 10,000 lbs of weights here! In this large room we have bench presses (flat, incline and decline), smith racks, squat racks, dumbbells from 8 lbs to 125 lbs, barbells and more strength machines. Floor Trainers are available to answer any questions you may have about the equipment or exercises.
- Studio A: We have over 100 hours per week of exercise classes ranging from yoga to boot camp to zumba. In this spacious room you will find: Stability balls, medicine balls, steps, bands, exercise mats, hand weights and barbells to accomodate our wide variety of group classes.
- Stuido B: We have made fun lighting changes to this room to add new flavor to our Group Cycle classes Classes are held in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Studio C: In the morning you will find Yoga and Tribal Yoga, Pilates, Foam Roller and POUND classes.
Ladies, it's all about YOU! Join your fellow female hoopers on Sunday afternoons at 1:00 pm for an hour of pick-up games, drills and camaraderie. This is a fun and easy way to get your cardio for the day and challenge your mind AND your body!
Fitness Center Orientation
Recommended for all new members! Schedule your orientation at the Membership Desk. Come dressed to workout with one of our Personal Trainers. You will be shown how to use our cybex circuit and cardio machines. This is a good time to ask any questions about the YMCA and other programs we have to offer.
Mind Spirit Body Fitness Classes
Mind body classes are designed to contribute to overall fitness and may also provide relief for chronic conditions such as joint pain, high blood pressure, headaches, or emotional stress. They are designed to create a connection between mind and muscle in order to lengthen, strengthen, stretch, and relax the muscles.
First Aid and CPR Classes
We are excited to offer monthly First Aid and CPR classes to the community in 2015! These classes are offered on the last Wednesday of the month, from 6:00-9:00 pm, alternating between First Aid and CPR each month. January's class will be First Aid. Come into the Y or call to register. The cost is only $12 for First Aid and $18 for CPR.
Youth Fit Orientation
More and more kids are becoming interested in working out in fitness centers. And, current research has shown that teenagers and preteens can benefit from strength training and aerobic work. The YMCA offers Youth Fit Orientation to all kids, 12 to 14 years old. This class will teach your child proper fitness center etiquette, as well as how to use different machines and weights.
HIIT (high intensity interval training) is HOT!! Tabata Bootcamp is the new new hit!! For years we have been focusing on calories burned during exercise, but new research reveals that we should focus on what happens AFTER exercise is over. Tabata workouts are short in duration and designed to boost post exercise caloric burn so your metabolism keeps burning more calories long after the exercise is over. Tabata offers the newest and most unique approach to hit the fitness world with incredible results!
Mondays @ 5:45 am and 4:30 pm and Wednesdays @ Noon
YMCA members Free
Community Members $10.00 a class
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Trek About Walking Club
If you're looking for a fun way to get outdoors and meet new people who like to hike as much as you do, join the Prescott Trek Abouts! Guided treks around the Prescott area are held year-round, every Tuesday and Thursday morning. October-April hikes begin at 8:00 am, with hikes in May-September beginning at 7:00 am. Hikes vary in length and difficulty but are always FUN, and are a great way to learn more about the beautiful trails in our area. Register through the City of Prescott's Parks & Recreation Department for only $18 per year! View the Trek About Walking Schedule
Boot Camp is a fun, interactive class that will add variety to your workout. Class is held every Friday from 8:45-9:45 am and is held in the Y Gymnasium. However, weather permitting, class is sometimes held outside at Lindquist Park. What kind of exercises can you expect? We use the ViPR (one of our newest toys), medicine balls, dumbbells, ropes, tires for flipping, resistance tubing and body weight. Combine with cardio intervals and you have a complete total body workout!
Contact Mary if you have questions at 445-7221 X19
This Member benefit is designed to provide a safe place for children to play while their parents are exercising at the Y. Space is limited and all participants must have a valid Family Membership. Evening hours are now available, four nights per week, for your convenience! Please note that there is a 2-hour maximum for Child Watch and parents must stay on the premises.
Mondays-Fridays: 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Mondays-Thursdays: 4:00-7:00 pm
LOCATION: Child Watch Room, adjacent to Fitness Center
Group Fitness Classes
We offer a variety of group exercise classes that will get your heart pumping and build cardio stamina while burning calories.
Mommy Boot Camp
Mommy Boot Camp Classes offered every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 am in the James Family Prescott YMCA Gymnasium. This is a fun group where Moms meet Moms and establish new relationships and exercise!
This class offers: Real Exercise, Real Fun, the chance to meet other moms, time to exercise with your baby. Be Sure to Bring: water, stroller, appropriate fitness clothes and shoes.
Our evaluations assess your total fitness and give you a point to chart your progress. It also lets you know where improvements need to be made. We offer both group and individual assessments that cover all the components of health-related fitness.
More Fitness Assessment Information