What to expect when you call us
Our advocates are available 24/7/365 to take your calls on our confidential crisis hotline, 575-758-9888 (collect calls accepted). You may be feeling anxious or nervous about your call, so here are some of the things you can expect:
- Your call will be confidential and you can remain anonymous
- We will want to know that you are in a safe place to talk: It is important for your safety that you call when the person abusing you is not around. If that person does walk in while you are on the phone with us, you can immediately disconnect the call. Also remember to delete our number from your phone or clean your internet browser history after visiting our website. http://www.thehotline.org/help/tech-social-media-safety/
- We will ask you about your situation: To help you, we will ask more information about your specific situation
- We will ask you what you have considered doing: We want to understand what steps you might be interested in taking.
- We will ask you how you are taking care of yourself: We know it is easy to forget about caring for yourself and may have suggestions to help you.
- We will want to brainstorm with you on things you can do to feel safe.
- What else can we help you with? You may have questions that come up during your call, and we are available to talk to you. If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
- Our advocates will let you know of some different courses of action, but we will not judge you regarding what decisions you make.